Lilypie

Friday, October 2, 2009

Forgiveness? Not!

On Monday, when I got off the train to meet my friend for dinner, I saw someone stepping into the train which immediately caused a constriction to my chest. Then I realise it was not who I saw. To clarify the confusion, I thought I saw the jerk who cheated me, but later realised it was actually my best friend's ex.

For the benefit of "newer" readers, my best friend and her ex were my classmates, and we have known each other for like fourteen years now. I met a guy at a company I was working in once who kind of look a lot like him (although my best friend said she could not see the resemblance), who later wooed me and we started dating, only to turn out to be a disaster as he was nothing but a lying cheating jerk who stringed not just me, but a few other women along as well.

Anyway, when I saw him, I really did a double take. I thought I was looking at the face of that jerk. Again, all the bitterness and hurt resurfaced. I thought I could forget, but apparently all the pain is still in me. People always say time heals all wounds, so why is this particular wound not healed yet?

But luckily, I managed to collect myself in time to realise it was actually my friend and not that jerk. So I sent him a text message and he confirmed it was indeed him. It helps that he looks the same after all these years. Why are men always able to maintain themselves so well?

So we had a mini conversation and it was good catching up. We also exchanged email addresses and promised to meet for lunch one day while I am still working in this area!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...