Lilypie

Thursday, October 8, 2009

By The River ....

I have not walked around the Singapore River for quite a while now, especially ever since I got out of the business district. Last evening, after a satay dinner, I took a stroll along there. I never know how much I miss the place until I went there.

How much I miss strolling along the river with someone, hand in hand, sitting down chatting with the arms around each other, just sitting next to each other enjoying each other's company. A pity the sky was already dark when I reached there, hence I could not catch the sunset, otherwise it would be even more beautiful!

So there I was, sitting down at the edge of the water, looking at the murky river and breathing in the fresh night air. Surprisingly there were not that many couples around. Or maybe it was a weeknight.

Where do people go dating nowadays anyway? Besides cinemas? Do people not stroll around the Singapore River or the beach anymore? No wonder I hear complaints that the locals here are a boring and unromantic lot!

1 comments:

Richard said...

I have still to find a river in Madrid, I think there is one on the far Eastern side of it (but, that is a very long walk for me). Lots of parks with plenty of manmade ponds, though.

In Montreal, I used to like to bike along the river. In Ottawa, I walked.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...