Lilypie

Monday, October 19, 2009

Hot Housekeeping Day!

It had been a few very hot days! So hot that my entire house is emitting heat! So hot that my dog ran away when I tried to shower him with the hose (fixed to the tap at the backyard) because it spewed out boiling water! Talk about having hot water without even boiling it!

Normally my dog is pretty well-behaved when it comes to his bath. He would just stand there, not moving, while we splashed him with tap water, scrubbed him, and splashed him with tap water again to wash his shampoo off.

But last Saturday, he ran away the moment the water touched him. I was puzzled, but when I came in contact with the water, I knew why. It was boiling! He had shampoo all over his body, so in the end I had to carry him into the kitchen bathroom to use the shower hose to wash him off.

Again, the shower hose spewed out hot water! Finally I had to use a plastic wash basin, fill it with cold tap water and rinse him off before he was satisfied. Poor fellow! He must be wondering why I subjected him to such "torture"!

It was too hot to even clean the house properly. I was assigned the upper level since my maid is away on home leave. I specially stayed home on Saturday (partly due to the late night partying on Friday night and I did not reach home until four in the morning on Saturday) so I could clean the house, but it was just too hot!

In the end my dear came over and he volunteered to mop the floor for me. What an angel! My mum even commented that the floors are pretty well-cleaned, although if she knew who was the one who cleaned them I am going to be in trouble!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...