Lilypie

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mastering The Art Of French Cooking

Today is 11 October 2009. 111009 to be exact. It is an extremely hot day, so hot that I feel so sluggish and lethargic all over! The heat and humidity can really get one down! Anyway, thought of dedicating this space to two great cooks - Julie and Julia, of a certain great cooking project which Julie Powell started and actually stuck with.

Many people have said it is a food and eating paradise here. True, we have great comfort food, which overseas locals always miss and crave for whenever they return. However, I find this place lacking of real gourmet food. Hence, the movie is really good and inspiring. At least, it inspired me to try my hand at mastering the art of French cooking!

Imagine all I need is to cook one meal per day. Or make it two. Can I really finish five hundred and twenty-four recipes in three hundred and sixty-five days? Well.... Julie did it. With ups and downs along the way. What better way to learn to cook than to get guidance and trials and errors? Since I love food, why not create something which people like too?

Of course there are things which I will not do, like kill a lobster, or a crab. Or learn how to bone a duck. Perhaps that is why I am still not capable of making big meals, instead of simple dishes. One of these days I must learn how to whip up a mean stew! Beef stew, or oxtail stew!

Meanwhile, I am sourcing for the book. If and when I ever get the book, it is back to the cooking pot again! Hopefully one day I can whip up a variety of dishes instead of just the few I know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...