Lilypie

Monday, October 12, 2009

Local Customer Service Standards Are Improving!

After all the complaints about the sub-standards of our local customer service, in a matter of few weeks, I had two great services from local agents. The first one, I was ordering books online. I used to order books from Amazon, but recently I discovered a local online bookstore where we can order books and waived off the shipping charges. So it saves me quite a bundle.

Hence I tried to order from there. Due to the recent hacking episode I had, my PayPal account had been suspended. Thus I was not able to make any online payment, despite not signing in and using another card. Somehow it seems that PayPal recognised my name and address.

So I wrote an email to the bookstore, asking if I could pay using another mode. Someone replied within two hours! The person apologised and said they have received feedback about PayPal and are looking to change a new payment provider soon to make things convenient. He says because of my trouble, he is willing to deliver the books to me at my desired address at no extra charge, otherwise I would have to pay an extra S$1.50 for handling.

I must say, I am really impressed! More email exchanges followed, and the person really kept to the word. He delivered my books at the stipulated time and place, with no extra charge, and even gave me a 5% discount off my order! Talk about being professional! This is how people retain customers, as I am really pleased with their service. Furthermore, the books arrived in brand new condition!

The second incident was when I ordered a jewellery set online. I fell in love with this necklace which I think may match with a dress. It was going at a very low price, in local currency despite being an overseas store. So I ordered it.

When the item order was confirmed, I realised I keyed in the wrong address. How could I have made such a blunder? So I sent an email to the store, trying to rectify my error. Someone replied within twelve hours, and said unfortunately, the item had already been sent to the shipping department, so would not be able to rectify anything. However, they would send me the tracking number to track the package and contact my local carrier.

The shipping department did send me a tracking number. I had been tracking it everyday, and come last week, it arrived at our shores. After that, it was unable to be tracked anymore. I was quite upset as I thought I wasted money on such a stupid blooper. But today, someone from the local carrier company called me and confirmed my address!

Now how did they manage to get my number? At least they bothered enough to get hold of a way to reach me, so they could then confirm my address with me and hence not send to the wrong place! Most others I know would not bother, they would just send to the wrong address, then when the package was not delivered, would just be returned to the post office and that was it.

This may just be a small gesture, but at least these people ensure that they carry out their services efficiently. As in if I order something, even if it was sent to the wrong address, they make sure they find a way to get the package to me, even if they have to go through several channels to do so. This is what I call great service! Really thumbs up to them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...