Lilypie

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Penny Black

I have heard about this olde Irish pub for ages, and finally had a chance to go there after my river walk last night. The interior decoration was reminiscent of a typical Victorian era pub, with wooden seats, bars, and even a mailbox as a table!

Even the doors and windows were reminiscent of that era. In short, I like it! For someone who always likes things from the old English era, the pub is really fitting for me! The music is not too loud, the people not too noisy, and it is not too crowded too! Again, perhaps it is mid-week during a weekday, or perhaps I went relatively early, hence the crowd has not arrived.

Apparently the place serves a mean Erdinger White. How different does beer taste anyway? People know I am not a beer person, I am a wine person, but last night I could hardly see any trace of wine. My favourite cocktail was not on the menu either, so in the end I settled for a pint of orange juice. Yes, I know, it is not a good idea to drink fruit juice at a pub, but I do not wish to drink anything else lest I do another spewing act. Once is more than enough!

I am sure to go back again, at least to try the food! Hopefully the next time I am there I can venture upstairs where I think the decoration is nicer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...