Lilypie

Friday, October 9, 2009

Trying To Perfect A Frenchie ....

A French Manicure to be exact. In light of my friend's wedding tomorrow (1010), I have selected the dress to wear. A short pink strappy dress, with a matching pink pearl necklace and earrings. I have even decided what makeup look to go with it.

The only problem is the nails. In the past when I painted my nails, I would either do it one colour straight. If I want a real perfect manicure and pedicure, I would get it professionally done. However, due to time and budget constraints, I decided to do it myself this time round.

Hence my toes are now in the colour of pink with gold undertones. My fingers I decided on a French manicure, but I guess everyone who has had a manicure knows French manicure is not that easy to carry off.

Still I checked out some step-to-step guide and decided to try it out. The first step was painting the white edges. Not an easy feat as you need a very steady hand. Furthermore, I did not have any professional kit handy, hence I was painting the edges without sticking the white tips first. Still, the effect did not turn out that badly, considering the colour did not run too low.

Next was the pink polish. Normally, I applied two coats of nail polish to my nails, so I did the same. A disaster! One coat of pink polish is enough to make the nails look natural, so the effect was supposed to be natural looking nails with white tips! However, because I applied two coats instead, my nails look opaque with white tips!

Too late to remove and repaint again, so I guess I just have to stick with this for now. Hopefully no one will notice during the wedding tomorrow. But then again, I am not the centre of attention, the bride is, so why should I even worry?

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

hey sis, i just did my french mani & pedi!! hahaha ... it never fails to amase me tat we've so many common incidents. While yours will be friend's wedding, am co-ordinating client's wedding outstation ;)

Miss you heaps!! Hv a gr8 wkend ya!! Hugzz

juphelia said...

Haha... what a coincidence! Unfortunately, my manicure started chipping the very next day, but luckily not that bad, so it was still in tact by the time of the wedding!

Jacqueline said...

if yours chipping, one of my nails broke when i forced the sliding door open .. not only it broke but eat into the flesh, no blood but i tot it looks kinda funny .. the handicapped nail .. ahahahah .. gonna change the color these two days cos need to run the wedding prog on fri & sat. Goin outstation again on thurs evening .. the designated driver for my photographers :p

Jacqueline said...

if yours chipping, one of my nails broke when i forced the sliding door open .. not only it broke but eat into the flesh, no blood but i tot it looks kinda funny .. the handicapped nail .. ahahahah .. gonna change the color these two days cos need to run the wedding prog on fri & sat. Goin outstation again on thurs evening .. the designated driver for my photographers :p

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...