Lilypie

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sentosa In Half A Day

It was a great birthday yesterday. Thank you so much for everyone who had texted me, emailed me and wrote on my Wall! It had been a wonderful birthday, not just because I have had so many wonderful people around me, but also because it is the first birthday in several years that I have a special someone to celebrate with.

Due to the Deepavali holiday last Saturday, we could take an off-in-lieu from work yesterday. So he specially baked a cake and brought it over to my place! I am so touched! It is a very good cake too, better than what I would have come up with!

The chocolate cake he baked!

Then we went for a day trip to Sentosa. We went via the new Sentosa Express (which replaced the old monorail), and bought a package of three attractions and one adventure. So we ended up going to Images of Singapore, Tiger Sky Tower (which used to belong to Carlsberg), had lunch at the Sky Bar, Fort Siloso, and took the sky train and luge ride.

Entrance of the Sentosa Express

In the Sentosa Express

Look at the big bug!

My hot dog lunch

With a root beer

Chocolate-flavoured New Zealand Natural ice-cream

The Tiger Sky Tower


In the Sky Tower going up

View of the Merlion from the Sky Tower

View from top of the Sky Tower


View from the Sky Tower, coming down

Outside Images of Singapore

Sitting in an old rickshaw

The sky train and luge ride

View of the Sky Tower from the Sky train


Towards Fort Siloso

Tram going to Fort Siloso

One of the cannons outside Fort Siloso



Our shadows

Replica of British soldiers looking out during World War II

The Surrender Chambers - where the Japanese troops surrendered to the British



The Christmas tree at Vivo City (from the Sentosa Express)

After that, we had dinner at Morton's of Chicago. All in all, it had been a really wonderful day! :-)

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

How sweet when the man in your life takes the trouble to bake you a cake. I'll marry the man who does that for me, hahaha.

juphelia said...

Haha.. yeah, he is a very sweet guy indeed! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...