Lilypie

Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Dubious Caller

I received a weird call yesterday. I was lunching with some colleagues when this guy called and said he is a headhunter and have a job opportunity for me.

Normally even when I am not looking for a job, I still entertain calls from headhunters as I may have friend who are looking to move. So whenever headhunters call me, I will always ask them to send me the job description.

But not this guy. On one hand, he claims to be a headhunter, on the other hand, he is not even able to tell me the job description, qualifications and remuneration, nor is he able to tell me what the company deals in.

Fishy right? When I asked if he could send me the job description via email, he said if everyone asked him to send email then he will be very busy so it is inconvenient to send me an email on that. If I want to know more, I have to go for the interview and talk to the managers then they can answer my queries.

Can you believe that?! He is headhunting me and when I asked for an email he gave me this kind of answer? Which recruitment agency or company that is genuinely looking for someone will not email the job description over first?

I insisted on the email and he then reluctantly said he will do it. But I have yet to receive any from him. What a scam!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...