Lilypie

Monday, February 8, 2010

Sunburnt!

I have been a lobster the past couple of days. Blame it on the weather and the scorching sun that seems to bear down much more strongly than before! I do not think I have ever experienced such hot and humid weather, despite growing up in the tropics.

We were at the Air Show on Saturday. It was very hot, very humid and very sunny. Besides we were out in the open with no form of shelter. I had to keep getting cold drinks and ice cream as the weather was just unbearable.

It was so hot that when we went to the display area and touched the aircrafts on display, the metal almost burnt out fingers! Any hotter and I feared the aircrafts would be on fire!

When I reached home, I could not wait for an ice-cold drink and a cold shower! My skin was painful upon touching the water and I discovered sunburn on my cheeks, and two colour tones on my arms!

Abnormal weather we have nowadays to be so hot in February! If the sunburn does not fade, how am I going to wear my new sleeveless dress for the new year?

It is really getting more and more unbearable to live here!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...