Lilypie

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Taking On A Secretariat Role

Last night I went for a combined meeting of the CHOICE Main Committee and the CHOICE Asian Conference Sub-Committee. Since the Conference is just less than eight months away, more roles have been created in order to ensure the smooth running of the entire event.

Since last year when I agreed to be part of the Committee, I was under Accommodation and Registration. However since most lodgings could not give any quotations until at least a year before the event (and 101010 is a hot date), nothing much was done.

Last month I was asked if I would mind doing Secretariat. At the same time, the one who was in charge of Accommodation and Registration stepped down as he preferred a less active role. He asked if I could take over.

So I said I could take on both roles if possible as that time we were kind of short-handed. But now more people have volunteered, hence I am now in charge of Secretariat and someone else in charge of Accommodation and Registration, which suits me fine too.

But now I am starting to be stressed. For now I am the only one doing Secretariat. The Chairman said he would get a team for me as it is impossible to do everything on my own.

The role of the Secretariat is more prominent during the actual Comference itself, with some background work before that.

What is entailed in the job scope is the overall editor-in-chief of the Conference booklet, collating messages from the various countries, decide what to put in the booklet, collate and edit reports from the other countries, take minutes during the Conference itself, print and edit the minutes and compile all into a folder and give to the participants on the last day of the Conference.

It is quite a lot to do, but this is what I like to do, especially the writing and editing part. I would not have minded doing all on my own!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...