Lilypie

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rushing For Lessons ...

A tad belated this entry is as my lessons started last week. It will be a mad rush for the next three months.

What used to be twelve weeks of lecture-tutorial format is now replaced by six weeks of intensive seminars - one tutor will take a class and first half will be a lecture, second half will be tutorial activities. What used to be a two and a half hour lesson is now three hours.

In the past I used to be quite early for lessons, now I have a problem reaching class on time. Lessons used to start at half past seven in the evenings, in the main block, and I almost always reached around seven fifteen.

Now lessons start at seven, in the classroom block a distance away from the main campus.

I get off work at six. After waiting for the bus, changing bus, the crowd and traffic jam around that time, it was already seven when I reached, then had to walk another ten minutes to reach the classroom.

By the time I reached class, I was shagged, lessons had started and there was hardly any time to catch a breather, let alone get my mind in gear.

The topics covered are essays, analysis, structure, morphemes and syntax. I was supposed to do some prior reading before class, but at times I am just so tired that I went to class without any preparation. Luckily I am not totally unfamiliar with the subject matter so it is not too bad trying to follow the class.

There are two quizzes due in the next couple of weeks. I must admit I am a little behind in my lessons. I really must try to catch up and be well on top of the subject matter before the next class so as to be well prepared for the quizzes!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...