Lilypie

Friday, February 19, 2010

Planning A Lesson

I am not sure if it is the New Year rush but for some reason I have been feeling so lethargic for the whole week that I actually missed all my lessons! Now I have to be even more disciplined and do my own readings to catch up.

I guess part of the reason I am so tired can be because this Sunday will be my turn to prepare and conduct lessons for the Cathechism class and I have yet to come up with any lesson plans!

I have not done any lesson plans for a long time. All those lesson plans which I needed to do when I was undergoing training and studies did not count much because when you actually graduate and go out to teach, you find that no lesson plans are needed as everyone just go according to what they feel most needed to cover during the lesson. Lesson plans became something redundant.

Hence I am not sure if I can still do a proper lesson plan. Besides the topic is on the Forty Days of Lent. I myself do not even know what Lent means to me, how am I to pass the knowledge on?

All I know about Lent is that it was a period of fasting which Jesus did for forty days and nights. Hence during Lent, Catholics are supposed to sacrifice something too.

Every year I just live as normal. This year I have resolved to give up my favourite food for Lent like chocolates, fried chicken wings. However my own resolve was already broken the second day itself!

If I am to guide the kids I ought to lead by example, and right now I do not think I make a fine example! :-p

So now it is back to the drawing board again. I need to start thinking what kind of lesson to conduct this weekend. Talk about doing things at the eleventh hour!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...