Lilypie

Friday, February 26, 2010

Never An Aching Hero(ine) ...

I cannot believe I actually did four hours of intensive cycling training today! I never knew I had the stamina for that! I took a day off work and went to the bicycle shop. Within the first half hour, I could cycle on my own without falling!

I have not wobbled or swerved or zigzagged even once! I did fall a couple times, banged into the wall once and had the handle knock into my chest. Other than that, no fatal casualties.

The guy is really good! At the end of the lesson, I could hop on the bicycle and pedal away, plus slowing down, turning, making u-turns and braking. I could even go over a hump a few times!

I was so happy! I thought finally I can move on my own without anyone's help. Until I reached home. When I tried out my bicycle, I wobbled, swerved and fell again!

I was despairing of ever learning how to master the bicycle. I thought I just went through four hours of intensive lesson and was able to cycle and turned without any help, yet how could I start falling again so fast?

So my dear, ever the sweet and loving guy he is, cycled my bicycle to the bicycle shop just down my street and had the basket removed, the handles twisted the other way, the front wheels and handbars tightened and the tyres changed.

Lo and behold, the bicycle became so much lighter and more manageable and I could start cycling steadily a bit again! Imagine just what a few modifications can do to a bicycle!

The real test will be tomorrow when I am having another cycling session with some friends. We will be cycling ten kilometres. Hopefully I can cycle on my own without falling and wobbling for once!

I am really keeping my fingers crossed that I can finally cycle properly without any guidance. I need to master this otherwise it will always be inconvenient where some things are concerned. I do hope I can cycle the full distance tomorrow without any upheavals!

However the downside is that I am now with aching arms, shoulders, back and legs. I believe my entire body will start to ache tomorrow. How am I to handle ten kilometres if my knees feel so wobbly and I can hardly lift my arms? :-(

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...