Lilypie

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Makeup Class

Today was the makeup class for the Chingay performers and volunteers. As in, we were taught how to make up, not a class which we missed.

The instructor showed us a picture of Natalie Portman in her latest movie, where she had on black eye shadow from her lids all the way to her brows and to the temples of her head.

The instructor taught us how to catch the light, the lighting effect, contouring and blending. No wonder young girls are so desirable. Whatever they wear looks good on them, whichever makeup they use simply soaks into their skins.

Whereas I have to spend time, money and effort just to look relatively well-maintained. Even then I have to constantly watch myself as I cannot pull off some looks anymore. Makeup looks that make me look elegant when young now looks garish on me.

A woman's youth is really that limited. Yet why do men get better looking when they age? Life is just so unfair!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...