Lilypie

Monday, January 24, 2011

Carmen ...

I just came back from a rendition of the opera "Carmen" by Georges Bizet. I have always loved the songs and when I saw the Lyric Opera putting up the show, I went to get the tickets immediately. Finally I got to watch the full opera!

It was an opera in three acts. The story focused on gypsies and the decadence of a gypsy woman who did not believe in true love and felt she could have plenty of lovers. Bear in mind that this story supposedly occurred in the eighteenth century, hence in those days, this is considered decadent, unlike modern times.

It was a tragic story at the end, but the songs and dance were really good! The opera consisted of a few groups of performers, whom I thought could have done better, but still, it was a pretty good rendition. How I love the flamenco dance and the tapping and swaying of the bodies, as well as the long flowing skirts and costumes!

I have not watched any other rendition hence cannot really compare, although I heard there are better renditions out there. Hopefully I will have the chance to see that in this lifetime!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...