Lilypie

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Uncovering Pompeii ...

I have wanted to go to the Pompeii Exhibition ever since I heard my colleague mentioning it. However since I started my new job, I have not had the time to do lots of things.

Today, being Sunday, we decided to go since it was the last day of the exhibition. And just as well we did because today happened to be the museum open house, so anyone can walk in and go to any exhibition for free! How lucky!

It was quite an experience seeing the exhibition and watching a small clip on how the volcano erupted and the whole town got buried. I also got to learn more about the Roman empire and the history behind it.

The best way to describe the whole thing is through pictures, so here they are! The ash-covered people, animals and household items evacuated from the soil, throwing light that Pompeii did ever once exist!




















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...