Lilypie

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Manly Woman Or Girly Girl?

Earlier on, my dear remarked that I should have taken Technical in school instead of Home Economics. When I asked him why, he said the subject would suit me since it is a "manly" subject.

When I was in school, the girls would take Home Economics where we would learn cooking, baking, nutrition, sewing, embroidery, fabrics and running a household. The guys would take Technical where they would learn woodwork and metalwork. This went on until the mid-nineties where the new system required both girls and guys to learn Home Economics and Technical.

In any case, he made that remark due to the "manly" traits which he think I have. But I told him I hate doing woodwork and metalwork. Do not ask me to change a lightbulb or repair the stove. I still prefer cooking, baking and sewing - more "feminine" hobbies.

I guess sometimes impressions do stick to others. Maybe I have given the impression of being a super perfectionist, control freak and strong-willed - traits typical of many men, whereas the typical female traits like gentleness, accommodating to others, being demure are lost to others.

But that does not mean I indulge in "guy" stuff and hate "girl" stuff. I like to dress up and makeup like any other girl. I like to shop, even though the way I shop is different from the way most women shop. I love babies and children, and love to make my man feel good too (despite his irritating ways).

So how can anyone judge by the cover? First impressions may count, but I still believe if you do not go into the core of the person, you will never know how the person is like, and sometimes, the core may surprise you much more than mere first impressions.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...