Lilypie

Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Workshopping Of The Year

I will be presenting for the CHOICE weekend which will be held at the end of January. After my observation last year, this will be the first time I am actually presenting and I must say, I am really excited and looking forward to it!

We had the first workshopping session last night. I drafted out a couple of talks which the other presenters said were good and I just had to tweak a bit. I was also told to write a new talk, which I find challenging as I had no idea how to start.

There will be three single presenters. Since there are a total of nine talks, each of us singles will take three each. We would be taking the ones which we have not written or presented, so now I will have three addition talks together with the two which I presented last year.

It was an enjoyable workshopping. Again I must say I am really inspired by the people in CHOICE and the presenters because they give and share so much willingly with no strings attached. And they do not judge or label but just listen and empathize with one's experiences.

Many people I know always think Catholics are not true "Christians" but what is a true "Christian"? If a true "Christian" is one that behaves in a kind way and not spread rumors or get judgmental, warm and friendly and giving to all, respect other's religion and behaviour and practice the ways of the religion, then the Catholics I know are indeed true "Christians". I have had benefitted from their kindness and hospitality many a times.

Much better than some of those other Christians I know who claim to be so active in their own church yet go around asking for free sex from people, claiming that God says must love everyone so he is "loving" everyone, or forever trying to covert others to their one "true" religion without thinking that others have their own beliefs too.

The Catholic church has everything. We have prayer meets, similar to the Christian cell groups. We have youth groups, charismatic prayer groups, Cathechism (like the Christian Sunday School). We have church choirs, ensembles and bands. We have drama groups.

We have a variety of programs and retreats. There is CHOICE for singles, Engaged Encounter and Marriage Preparation for couples intending to get married, Marriage Encounter and Couple Empowerment for married couples, Ratravouille for troubled marriages, and even Beginning Experience for those who have been divorced and widowed.

Not to mention the humanitarian and social mission groups which the Archdiocese set up. So Catholics have a very comprehensive support group for people of all levels and walks of life! What more need I ask for in a religion?

In any case, it was a fruitful session. Now I have been challenged to write a new talk for the next workshopping next week. Hopefully I will be able to churn out one by then!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...