Lilypie

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Surprise Winner

The Golden Globes results are out, and "The Social Network" swept almost all categories, or rather, quite a number of categories. What really took me by surprise was that I did not find it a really fantastic show. I mean, the show is good, and the actors played their parts well, but comparatively, there are better shows out there which I think are more deserving to win. So how can "The Social Network" even be winning the Best Picture?

My dear says this can be due to propaganda. Afterall, it is a show on the story behind Facebook, and now probably half the entire world's population are on Facebook. Due to this, the show probably won due to the popularity and media hype.

But still, personally I would think if that is the basis of winning, then it is unfair. Many shows I come across are very good, but because they are not broadcasted or advertised widely, no one bothered to watch these shows, but these are the shows that are better than many of the mainstream, highly hyped-about shows around.

The Golden Globes is the precursor to the Academy Awards. I am rather disappointed. Aside from the show having good actors, I seriously do not think it deserves a Best Picture win. I believe there are better shows around, in terms of storyline, plot, and the message behind the show.

Hence I am hoping that during the Oscars, a more deserving show gets the Best Picture win. I have no idea what the nominees are, but hopefully this year's selection will be better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...