Lilypie

Friday, January 28, 2011

First CHOICE Weekend Of The Year

The first CHOICE Weekend of the year starts tonight. I am rather nervous. I always get nervous when speaking in public, because I never know if I sound right or got the message across. Besides, this time round, I will be sharing some of my deeper secrets which not many people actually know. I wonder how others will view me after that?

Actually for the past few years ever since something happened, I have been trying to forget my past. I finally built up my confidence, improved relations with the people around me, and generally have a better life than before. Do I really want to spoil it all by dwelling on the past?

But after attending CHOICE and being asked to present, I got so inspired by all the life stories of the other presenters. They shared so openly and honestly. It got me thinking that perhaps only be facing the past can I truly overcome my issues and live life anew.

And the sermon I heard on Christmas kind of became an affirmation - we are all sinners, which is why Jesus was born to cleanse us of our sins. Hence no sin is too big to be forgiven. That made me have the courage to face up to everything and to share with the new batch.

I hope no one got too turned off or started judging me too harshly! Well... I just have to wait until the end of the weekend to find out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...