Lilypie

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Barbecue Business

How many of us had gone barbecuing in our younger days, particularly when we were students? I still remember in secondary and university, we would celebrate the end of examinations by booking a chalet to stay for three days and a barbecue would always be held on the second night.
When I finished school, when work and other things took priority, I seldom had the chance to go barbecuing anymore especially since my friends are all busy with their own lives too.

Which is why I have not gone for any barbecue get-togethers for five years. Gosh, has it been that long? I guess my friends probably have the same sentiments as me as when a friend wanted to organize a New Year get-together at her place and she gave the option of a barbecue or a pot luck, most chose the former.

So barbecue it was. And it was a really fun gathering, where the guys started the fire and barbecued the food and we girls just sat down, chatted and waited for the food.

The barbecue business has evolved such that where we had to prepare lots of food in advance, now everything is at the tip of the finger. I remember days where I had to cook noodles, marinate chicken and buy disposable utensils, nowadays there are quite a number of barbecue wholesalers delivering food direct to your doorstep.

For instance, my friend ordered a package online from this website called Hungry BBQ. There were eleven of us so she ordered a package for ten. The package includes chicken wings (already marinated), black pepper fillet, sambal chilli sting ray, buttered corn, sweet potato, fish balls, fried rice, packet drinks, ice, disposable utensils like plates, knives, forks and spoons, skewers, tongs, brush, charcoal and starters.

You name it, you have it. The whole package cost about S$135, and if we order S$150 worth, there would be free delivery, so we topped up with a platter of fresh fruit. Hence we need not even do anything! Just one click of the mouse, everything is settled! And the food is good too!

Due to the popularity of barbecue gatherings amongst kids and students, the barbecue business is booming. Very good idea! Someone should have come up with this concept a long time ago!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...