Lilypie

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Year Two, First Semester

My timetable for the next semester is up! I will be taking four modules - Learning English, Redesigning English, The Realist Novel and Romantic Writings. I will be taking written examinations for two modules while the other two will be solely coursework.

"Learning English" is on the acquisition of language as a baby to tertiary level. "Redesigning English" is on the evolution of the English language through the years. "The Realist Novel" is on Victorian texts like Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, Charles Dickens' Great Expectations, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, and Ivan Turgenev's Fathers and Sons. "Romantic Writings" is on poems and essays during the Romantic period. So interesting!

My classes will commence on the last week of January (next week actually) and be on every Thursday and Friday. Due to the Lunar New Year holidays, there will be makeup lessons on the first week, which means I will have classes next Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Unfortunately I will have to miss all since I will be involved in the CHOICE weekend.

My first assignments are due on 10 and 11 February respectively. Come to think of it, the deadlines are not far off. I better start preparing and reading in advance!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...