Lilypie

Friday, January 7, 2011

SharePoint Training

For the past three days, I have been having a three full day training on Sharepoint. This is the portal for my company's intranet, where all the information, documents, policies and templates from the various departments are found.

Apparently, Sharepoint evolved from FrontPage. I remember when I was still in school, we had to go through a series of computer lessons. So I took FrontPage, Flash, Photoshop, even Dreamweaver, yet I have not had the chance to use a single one of those programs as yet.

Hence when I was trying out the Sharepoint program during the training, it was quite hard to maneuvre. When the instructor taught us how to upload files and documents, there were many steps involved.

Initially the steps got rather confusing. But as I continued playing around with the portal, I find that it is quite easy to use. One only needs to get used to playing around with the site.

This Sharepoint training is for me to familiarize with the portal so as to start uploading documents and templates for my department.

Hopefully after this training I can start clearing all the backlog that was accumulated before I came on board!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...