Lilypie

Thursday, May 30, 2013

A "Lost" Opportunity?

Just when I am moving, another headhunter called me, this time with a very exciting opportunity on a sole legal role in a listed company. That company is in the property development business and it develops beach resorts around. The role is a direct counsel role, so I do not even need to be at associate level anymore, and I am basically my own boss and own assistant.

The best perk is that I get to go to the beach resorts for meetings and travel and enjoy for free! Wow.. that sounds so great! Why must this come just after I have accepted the other great offer? Some people may want to retract the appointment, but I have already signed the letter of offer, plus gone for the medical checkup and whatnot. I cannot just retract like that, especially since the headhunter who got me the job has been so nice to me all along.

Sometimes opportunities do come at the wrong time, but since we have made a choice, we should just stick with it, is it not? The world does not revolve around me alone, and since other people are involved, I should not play them out like that, even though goodness knows how many times people have played me out.

Maybe it is just meant, or not meant, to be. Lost opportunities will come back one day as something even better, as from what I have already experienced so far in my relatively short life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...