Lilypie

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dirty Dancing!

I just came back from watching Dirty Dancing, and it was really an excellent show! From the title, one knows it is not really a musical of the traditional sense, but more dancing than anything else. The plot is similar to the movie (although I have not watched the movie), but the musical is also great in its own right!

All the dance steps are great! The main male lead is played by a Latino, which probably explains the hunky body, the sexy tempo, and the way he moves, wow.. he is one darn sexy guy! I love all the dance steps, the Tango, the Cha Cha Cha, the Salsa, even the free style dance with the great big leap at the end! Makes me want to take up dancing again!

This is the first time I am watching Dirty Dancing, and it is really a great musical on its own, even if one does not know anything about the movie. After this musical, I feel like watching the movie and see if it is just as good or better than the musical!

This is the end of the month of plays. May had been a fulfilling month due to all the cultural events I went to. The next one I am waiting impatiently for is my favourite musical. Yes, the Phantom is coming, and I cannot wait to see him again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...