Lilypie

Friday, May 3, 2013

Back To Ribbon Interface ...

Last week my office system was in the midst of upgrading. So we migrated from Lotus Notes to a web-based email system, which was making everyone's lives difficult, because the web-based email somehow does not work as well as a normal email program.

Today my laptop got "confiscated", to be upgraded. From the web-based email system, it was upgraded to the Microsoft Office 2013, which includes Outlook, Lync, Word and the other Office programs. Hence, I am back to using Microsoft Outlook for my office emails, which is the program I am most familiar with.

Having a system upgrade also means the Office programs like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, et al, will show the ribbon interface, instead of the tabs. I am never used to the ribbon interface. I always find it a chore trying to look for the correct icon. At least with the tabs everything is displayed out properly.

I think I am really getting old, because now I find it so difficult to learn new programs! Not like when during my school days when computers were a luxury instead of a necessity, and each time a program was being updated, I would be the first to read the manual and learn how to use the program excitedly! I remember I installed the whole internet system, upgraded my software, installed the printers, and even separated my harddiscs into two in my home computer!

Not only that, I even helped my friends who could not be bothered to learn how to use the computer, install their softwares and whatnot! So I used to be the "go-to" person for a quick computer fix. Yet now, I cannot even be receptive enough to new softwares and upgrades anymore! I guess age is really catching up. Sooner or later, I have to find a teenager to help me out for a quick computer fix!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...