Lilypie

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Start Of Clearance ...

Now that I am officially serving notice, I have to see what I can do to ensure a proper handover. One thing about this place is that because my immediate boss is so busy, I am left alone most of the time. Actually he has been very nice to me, because he offloads all the legal work to me while he does other stuff, and he does not bother me much unless he has things for me. The colleagues also know to look for me and not him. So in a way, I am the only person doing the legal work so need to work independently. 

I like this kind of environment because I have the autonomy to do the work the way I like, and people here actually do give me the kind of respect which I never have in previous places. In previous places because I am just more of an assistant or associate, I got pushed around by various people because some feel I am not high ranking enough to do certain stuff, but others feel I need to take the initiative to do more stuff.

Here because I am the only one doing this, there is no politics. Furthermore, my boss really does not bother me as it is my prerogative to look for him if I have any queries or need to discuss something. Hence in a way, this role requires someone who is initiative, independent and knows how to ask the right questions. I cannot proclaim that I am all that, I still had to learn and adjust along the way, and even now I think I still need to improve and could have done a better job, but all I am saying is that anyone who needs to be spoon fed or to be told specifically what to do may not be suitable for this role because of the working style.

In any case, I discovered that there are a lot of documentation that has not been backed up. There are lots of hardcopies but not many softcopies. This will pose a problem when people need to look for documents or the auditors need to check. So I took it upon myself to look through all those files that have hardcopies but no softcopies, and started scanning and saving them since yesterday.

I have only just started, so it looks like I will need to be stuck at the copier for quite some time the next few days ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...