Lilypie

Saturday, May 25, 2013

All Aboard!

I just came back from Batam, and the trip was a disaster! Before I rave about the trip, I wanted to rave about the structure at the ferry terminal. I thought we are a world-class country, yet it is so messy at the ferry terminal! There is no proper structure, everyone just sat and stood wherever, there is no proper queue, and even though I saw "Boarding" next to the ferry I was supposed to take, no one was moving. It was as if the queue was stuck in front of me.

Until I saw one of the staff shouting for those who would be boarding the ferry I booked to go to the front. So I went, and saw the rest of the people still queueing and basically being very messy. It was pretty embarrassing that our ferry terminal is so messy when our airport is so structured!

As a result, by the time I boarded the ferry, there was hardly any seats left. Luckily I managed to find one place next to a mother with her two children. Furthermore, it was raining heavily when I took the ferry, so the seas were choppy and I got a little seasick.

By the time we reached the Batam Ferry Terminal, I was amazed that even Batam had a better structure. Everyone stood in line and waited, there was a proper queue and the people were orderly. Even during the departure from the Batam Ferry Terminal back here, it was so orderly and smooth. 

Seeing this scene, I really feel we should do something about the proper procedures at our ferry terminal, as it is really embarrassing for tourists to see this especially if they have good impression of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...