Lilypie

Monday, May 6, 2013

Old Notes, New Hand

Finally my mum is back! She came back on Saturday with my maternal grandmother, and praised me for a job well done in cleaning the house. Even my dad said he was impressed with how I took charge of the household! He has to be, since I was cleaning up the mess he made!

My mum and grandma exchanged these with me :


I cannot believe my grandmother still has these in mint condition! For those of you not in the know, this is a rare old S$10 note that is no longer in use. Even rarer is the old S$20 note, that has been decommissioned since the early nineties, so for anyone who even has the S$20 note, it is a real treasure indeed.

These notes are for collection of course, not to spend. Besides stamp collecting, I also collect coins, and notes too for the older and rarer series. I regret not being able to collect the first flower series of the notes, since these were used before my time, and it is hard to find anyone with that kind of notes anymore. Even the bird series is rare (as seen from the S$20 note).

The series immediately preceding our current notes is the ship series (as seen from the S$10 note). The ship series includes the purple S$2 note, the rare orange S$2 note and the green S$5 note. Even rarer is the blue S$1 note from the ship series, as that has been decommissioned ever since the gold S$1 coin came out in the late eighties.

Now I hope I can find the S$1 note, orange S$2 note, S$5 note and the notes of the old flower series! With new series of coins being circulated this year, I have to start saving all my current coins too, as they may just be decommissioned soon! I regret not saving as many of the one-cent coin as possible before they were decommissioned, now I cannot find them anymore as no one uses one-cent coins nowadays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...