Lilypie

Friday, May 17, 2013

Transition ...

Yesterday, I took a deep breath, went into my boss' room, and told him the news - that I have had a better offer, and that I did not mean to leave and I was not looking, but the opportunity just came along and the offer is just too attractive to turn down. I even apologised for moving on so fast and thanked him for the opportunity he gave me to work here.

He was pretty cool about it. He just asked me when I would be starting work, and what kind of company and work I would be doing at my new place. He then said to write in to him formally. He said these things happen and that staff move on, and thanked me for telling him in advance.

So today I printed out my resignation letter and passed it to him. In light of my upcoming vacation, I would stay for about another week to have a proper transition. Today I will be starting to clear stuff and update all the things that are still outstanding, not from me, but from previous staff. Hopefully when I leave, everything will be updated and the next person will not cuss me for giving so much backlog. :-)

This is it! Now there is no turning back! Whatever will be, will be! Hopefully the other company does not pull out otherwise I will be in a troublesome situation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...