Lilypie

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Even Dogs Have Smarts!

When I came back yesterday, I saw my dog being tied up. Turned out that my mum caught him peeing upstairs and she banished him downstairs. To prevent trouble, my maid tied him up. The poor thing was whining and barking when I returned.

Today, my maid was off, and she tied up my dog before she left the house, with his food and water near to him. However, the poor thing was barking and whining so loudly! He even lost his voice but still barked and whined!

I wanted so much to untie him, but was afraid my mum would be unhappy, so I went to the kitchen to stroke him and comfort him. But the moment I was out of sight, he started barking and whining again. In the end, it was my parents who could not take his barking any longer and untied him, to which he immediately rushed upstairs to see me.

However, my mum still insisted he had to stay downstairs. I had no choice but to bring him down again. I had to tie him up again so he would not run around. But the moment I was out of sight, again the barking and whining started.

Finally I could take it no more. I figured since my mum just did not want him to run around and do his business everywhere, I thought as long as he was not free to run around, that would be alright. So I took his leash and brought him upstairs. I held on to his leash and later on tied it to the door of the study.

Problem solved! He stopped barking and whining! Despite being tied up upstairs, he stopped all his barks, because he was around! That is why I love him, because he is so sweet and endearing! My mum saw him being tied up, so she did not say anything even though he was upstairs.

The next problem is, would he want to come into my room at night and sleep? My mum is of course not in that favour, but I know my dog wanted. So before I went to sleep, I went to the kitchen and saw him, and he was wagging his tail so excitedly! I brought him upstairs with the leash and all, and guess what? He ran up the first flight of stairs like usual, but when it came to the second flight of stairs, he started creeping up very slowly and stealthily. When he went by my parents' room, he again crept very stealthily, but once past that, he ran again!

Wow.. smart dog! He knew how to keep himself out of trouble too! But does that mean he also knows my mum would scold him and I would not? Hmmm... must start disciplining this fellow again before he gets too out of hand!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...