Lilypie

Friday, May 10, 2013

Receptionist For An Hour

I had to help out at the reception counter today. The receptionist is sick and the other two Personal Assistants who had to rotate and cover the receptionist had to attend a meeting. It would be a disaster if no one was manning the reception counter, hence I was asked to help out.

I do not mind helping out of course, but I think I am not qualified enough to be a receptionist. Afterall, being at the counter must be someone who is pretty and dainty, who smiles a lot and looks sweet and nice enough to be a good ambassador to the company. But I am none of these.

Furthermore, this is the first time in my life doing reception duty. I have never been a receptionist anywhere I have worked. What am I to do? Entertain guests, answer the phone, transfer calls?

Luckily during the one hour or more stint, there were no guests. Only employees going in and out. But there were quite a few calls, including external calls which I had no idea how to transfer the switchboard over, and had to call one of the assistants out of the meeting to help me. So embarrassing!

Overall, it was pretty good fun manning the reception counter. Think if the companies are willing to pay me what I am getting for a receptionist, I sure do not mind taking the job!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...