Lilypie

Sunday, November 5, 2006

A Dog's Life


My name is Cookie. I am two years old today, which makes me a pre-teen in human years. This picture was taken when I had just finished cutting my hair. See, do I look handsome?

My father is a pomeranian and my mother is a shih-tzu, which makes me a toy breed. That accounts for my mild-temper. I will not dig around the garden and destroy the flowers, or get soil all over myself, or bark at anything and anyone. Rather, I am a lap dog. I can sit down quietly for hours. I love sitting down together with my family! I love to keep them company and show them my affection.

I was actually an unwanted puppy. My parents gave birth to eleven of us. Their owners then started selling my brothers and sisters away. No one wanted me as my hair is dark, and have a black snout.

I was supposed to be sent to a pet shop and later to the SPCA. I was only two months old then. But when my mistress knew about my fate, she begged the pet shop lady to let her keep me. The pet shop lady know my mistress very well as she will pop by once in a while to play with the other dogs there.

My parents' owners then said if she wanted me, she would have to fork out S$350.00, as my brothers and sisters were sold for S$450.00 each. My mistress paid a total of S$500.00 just to rescue me. And got a big scolding from her own mummy for paying so much just to get a dog. Which is why I love her so much!

I hope my mistress can be happy. Sometimes I see her crying to herself. She dared not cry in front of her daddy and mummy. When that happens, I will go up to her and lick her tears away. There was once she was on the sofa and sobbing her heart out. I wondered who had bullied her and made her cry?

I climbed on her and hugged her. My front leg was too short to go around her whole body, but I used my paw to stroke her. I looked up at her with my forlorn eyes. I wanted to tell her that I get upset when she is upset too.

My birthday is just two weeks after my mistress' birthday. My mistress and her maid take very good care of me and I love them very much. They always buy the nicest food for me when I am good and bring me to the doctor when I am sick.

But I hate going to the doctor! My butt will ache each time after a trip! I think doctors are very sadistic creatures who like to torture me by pricking me with something sharp! And I hate it! But my mistress always tells me it is good for me. How can anything painful be good?!

My mistress and her maid allow me to lounge around in the living room. I had even gone upstairs and stayed around her legs when she was on the computer. However, when her mummy is around, back to the kitchen I go. She does not like dog hair all around the house, so she confines me to the kitchen and outdoors. :-(

But I like to jump on my mistress' lap when she is reading on the sofa in the living room. I can get close and cuddle up to her. But now her mummy told her to stop me from jumping up on the sofa, so each time I do that, she will carry me down on the floor.

I wish I can have a girlfriend. I have been playing with two female retrievers down the street, a golden retriever and a yellow labrador retriever, but they are both too big for me. I wish I can have a girlfriend my size. There is a female shih tzu the other side of the street, but she is too young for me.

My mistress says she is going to bring me to be neutered. No way! It will be too painful! I can hardly bear the thought of it!

I hope my mistress brings me good treats today! I have tried to behave myself to the best of my ability! My favourite food is Solid Gold. It comes in a golden packaging for adult and silver packaging for puppies, but my mistress never liked it. She said the food contained lamb, and that lambs are too cute to be eaten.

However, this is the only brand of dog food I eat, thus she has no choice but to continue buying for me. She tried changing my diet to Pedigree before, but I do not like the taste of it and I seem to be allergic to it as well, as I got sick after taking it.

Her mummy told her to stop spoiling me. She said I have to learn to eat anything that is put in front of me, be it chicken bones, rice, minced meat, and even fish and some vegetables! I do eat chicken bones and rice, but hate the rest!

I am lucky to have this mistress. That is what all her friends say too. She always gets upset whenever she sees dogs and cats being tortured and abandoned, and she always comes back depressed whenever she goes for her once-in-a-while volunteering stint at the SPCA.

So I must stick with her, and not let her down. No one can bully my mistress, not when I am around!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...