Lilypie

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

In A "Drunken" Stupor

Is someone who is tipsy extra appealing to others? I was a bit drunk after my company's event last night. I wonder why actually, considering I only drank half a glass of champagne, and downed it with lots of Coke, Orange Juice and water.

The company event was really fun! There were lots of dancing, interacting, free flow of food and drinks. About three-quarters of the employees turned up. It was a Latin theme so I was dressed like a peasant, typical long flowing skirt with peasant top, with red lips and nails.

Anyway by the time the dancing started, I was already a bit tipsy, so I went off. I was not that drunk until I was totally comatose, but tipsy enough to feel giddy, hot and heaty all over and not able to walk properly.

I thought I could walk to the train station and catch a train home, but my head was killing me, so I sat down around Boat Quay and took a rest first, since the bar was at the tip of Boat Quay, where the statue of Raffles is.

I tried going off a few times, but each time I took a few steps, I felt like collapsing, so had to sit at one of the stone slabs around the river. A cat came over and rubbed herself against my legs. I stroked her and she bounded onto the seat and started rubbing herself against me and purring. I continued stroking her until she found a new target and jumped off.

In the end, I had to call my guardian angel and asked him to bring me home since it was no use me hanging around Boat Quay on my own at that hour of night. I tried to walk to the nearest train station, and this time I managed to succeed, although there were times I felt like collapsing.

And that was when that happened. I heard someone blasting loud music behind me. I turned behind and saw this guy whom I recognised as sitting by the river near me. He gave me a big smile.

I quickly turned back. If I was sober, I could have quickened my steps, but I was already walking in a zig-zag way. The last thing I wanted to do was to faint and let someone take advantage of me!

Then that guy became bolder and actually walked in front of me and blocked my way. He asked me for my phone number. I stared at him and ignored his request. Then he started begging me to tell him my name and number.

I ignored him and walked all the way to the train station. He was following me behind! On one hand, I was anxious whether my guardian angel could reach on time; on the other hand, I was worried for myself.

I told him that I do not even know him, why should I even tell him my name and number? Apparently he thought I am not local, probably from his country (he looks Filippino or Indonesian), so kept asking which country I came from.

I thought I would never brush him off, so I told him that I am meeting my boyfriend, please leave me alone. When I went down onto the platform, I was so afraid he would just follow me in, but luckily he did not.

Just as well my guardian angel came at that moment and he brought me home in an almost drunken stupor. I slept on his shoulder all the way home. I felt so sorry for him to call him out at that hour and then neglected him all the way.

Needless to say, I slept immediately after showering upon reaching home. And woke up with a hangover this morning, with a throbbing headache. Yet it is another work day ahead. *Sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...