Lilypie

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Why The Change Again?

The question on most people's lips I suppose would be why did I change my link again? Various reasons. One is that I find the previous name a little too long, and like something shorter. Another is that I like this current name better.

But the main reason is that I think I finally found out who a certain anonymous person is. If my gut feeling is right, then I am really disappointed, hurt and betrayed, because I trusted this person implicitly and explicitly.

I took this person as my confidante, and shared most of my secrets. This person comforted and advised me as a friend, showed intolerance and disgust at anonymous cowards, yet in the end (if I am right) not only attacked me under the cloak of anonymity, but leaked my url to some other people whom I wish no access to my blog.

It is just a suspicion, and I may be wrong too, but it still does not deny that all circumstantial evidence points to this person. I am entitled to my own suspicions as and when things go wrong, although I really hope and wish that my suspicions are unfounded as I do not wish to believe that someone I take as a good friend can ever do this. The last thing I want to do is to accuse an innocent person, because I know jolly well the feeling of being wrongly accused.

But it still does not deny the fact that as a result, my name has been blackened and condemned. In the first place, if people do not like what I write, why not tell me straight? Why do they have to broadcast my full name, nick name, old and new url in CAPS in another person's blog, with slanderous remarks, and driving unwanted traffic to my blog? What can those people achieve by slandering me in public?

Of course, if I want a blog, I have to accept there is no absolute privacy, like what my friend Addy has remarked. And due to the internet being so widely accessible, there will always be people who have nothing better to do than assume things and give slanderous remarks.

Which is why I removed my blog from blogger listings and google search and disclosed my link to just a few trusted people. This makes it harder to be widely accessible. If people happened to search and stumble in, it is ok, but I do not wish people to come in by publicly broadcasting my personal particulars to all and sundry.

If people come in already with a negative impression, it does not help matters and I will never be spared from all the cyber stalkers and bullies around. I have enough up my sleeve without having to deal with all these all over again.

But the main thing is that my conscience is clear, which is why I do not need to explain those slanderous remarks. Others can think what they like. In this case, people will then question : is it still necessary to make my blog private?

Yes. Although I cannot stop all the negative remarks going around simply because some people are malicious, still I can restrict who can access my blog. In this way, I can stop those who deliberately like to create a havoc in my blog. Afterall, if others do not wish to stop all the defamatory remarks, the only thing I can do is to restrict it myself.

1 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Goodness me.

Anyway, I have been deprived of some quality reading time by my company's filtering ><

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...