Lilypie

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Girls Will Be Girls ....

My uncle and cousin brought my two-year-old niece to my place to visit my grandma last night. We brought her and her male cousins up to the attic to play with our old toys. While the boys played with cars, balls and models, my niece set her sights on the little soft toys which my ex-students gave me.

Girls will always be girls! The toys they prefer will always be different from boys! Just like boys can never outgrow their penchant for cars, balls and games, girls will never outgrow their penchant for bears, dolls, soft toys and flowers.

Come to think of it, half my bed is decorated by soft toys. Big bears, little bears, birds, dogs, heart-shaped cushions, all take up half my bed. Anyway I just need a space to sleep, other than that the rest of the bed will be filled with toys, books, clothes and bags sometimes. Which is an idea just how many things I do have.

Also kudos to my exs for giving me a soft toy every year. Which is why I cannot fit them into my doll cupboard anymore, and have to leave them on my bed, on the floor, even at my study table!

I have all kinds of soft toys, but there are only five types I really like (not counting the giant sheepdog bought from Watson's many years back, that is my ultimate favourite and I cannot sleep without it).

1. Winnie the Pooh (my very favourite character, I just adore that chubby cute bear with a passion for hunny!!)


2. Tweety (that yellow canary always gets me going, especially when it is trying to escape from a certain "putty tat"!)


3. Forever Friends bear (this means a lot to me, especially a certain couple of bears in wedding attire)

4. Me To You bear (the grey furry things are simply adorable!)


5. Hello Kitty (a hot craze when I was in primary school, and still a hot craze now)


And since we are on this, here are my five favourite flowers too.

1. White Lilies (they resemble simplicity and purity, which, to me, is the definite epitome of beauty)


2. Red Roses (the flowers of love. Enough said.)


3. Baby's Breath (Small, white and a good accessory to any other flower, yet at the same time beautiful on its own)


4. Birds-of-Paradise (I like the shape and colour, but a pity it is almost extinct almost everywhere in the world now.)


5. Forget-Me-Nots (the best thing any friend can give me, the name explains all.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...