Lilypie

Monday, November 27, 2006

Jewel In The Palace

Currently, I am hooked on the Korean show "Jewel In The Palace". Perhaps people may think I am a loser for watching this type of show, but this show did not generate excellent reviews for nothing. Everything from the plot to the cast to the acting to the sets is excellent!

Actually my parents and relatives watched the show last year on DVD, and they wanted t0 get me interested too, but at that point in time, the only Korean show I ever watched is "Winter Sonata". Recently, to satisfy my curiosity on why the Jewel show caused such a hype, I started watching it.

I have only watched twenty episodes so far, and already I am hooked! The show is excellent from the start! It is so captivating that one wants to keep going! And I get to learn good tips in cooking and the different types of Korean cuisine.

Now I know what makes a good cook. Although it is a show, but what the supervisor said to the kitchen maid was really useful. She said that there are two qualities that determine a good cook.

One, to be able to feel the taste from your fingers. Some are born with this natural ability, some achieve it only through lots of trial and error. When the food goes through your hands, you must be able to know which food goes with which so as to bring out the taste.

Two, the ability to mix and match ingredients. Not many people have this ability. This means that without even tasting, the person somehow know what ingredients are used to prepare the food, and which things will make the food taste better.

For instance, most people will choose to use plain water to prepare soup, but someone gifted in the second ability will know how to use spring or mineral water instead, as that tastes sweeter. Essentially, cooking goes with one's own gut feeling on which are the best ingredients to use to prepare a certain type of food, and some people are just able to feel it better than others.

And from this show, I have another idol - Officer Min aka Ji Jin Hee!


And this is what he looks like in real life.


Not forgetting my other idols :



And of course, my ultimate favourite - the one and only Yong-sama!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...