Lilypie

Monday, November 13, 2006

Not A Runner ....

The Bull Run on Friday was almost a disaster. We were supposed to assemble and start the run by 5:30pm, but it was raining so heavily that everyone was stuck at the nearest subway. After waiting for a while, we borrowed some umbrellas and made our way to the assembly area.

There was free water and Milo for all the runners. Quite a few of the bigger organisations are involved as well. The rain subsided around 6:15pm, so the organisers decided to proceed as usual. We did our own warm-ups and stretching and the run started at 6:30pm.

I could hardly run as it is. My colleagues were all so far ahead of me! We came from work so still had our makeup intact, and some of my colleagues' eye makeup was smeared due to the rain. Luckily, I had waterproof mascara on so I did not end up looking like a panda, or looking like someone gave me a black eye.

I ran and brisked walk at the same time. I tried not to push myself too hard for fear of having a stitch at my side, so whenever I felt like I could no longer run, I stopped to walk. It was not easy as well, since it was still drizzling, the ground was still wet and puddles were everywhere, the water seeped into my shoes and I had to move around in wet feet.

At least I managed to finish the race in thirty-two minutes, thirty-six seconds. Nothing great since the distance was only 3.2 km, but better than I expected already. I thought I would take an hour or a quarter of an hour just to finish the entire lap.

The goody-bags for the participants are really good. It is a genuine sports bag (the size where one can put a pair of sneakers or a bowling ball in) together with a bottle of mineral water, a bottle of roobois tea, a 2007 table calendar, a back massager in the shape of a bull, a towel and some other stuff. Much better than all those other tacky goody-bags from other events.

Now I am aching, especially around the back of my thighs and calves. The run is fun, but count me out for any marathons next time, especially if the distance is ten kilometres or longer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...