Lilypie

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Buying A New Dress

Finally I went shopping again, after goodness knows how long. I am not exactly a shopaholic, which is why guys are always surprised that when they go out with me, I rather watch movie, or browse in a bookstore or music store, or go for a test drive, or hang out in coffee joints just chit-chatting. They told me that other girls will just shop and shop and they will just go along.

For me, I will not shop unless there is really something I need to buy, except for those flights of fancy when I felt like shopping and ended up buying things which in the end some I regretted buying. Other than that, I shop only if there is something I needed to get.

So I went shopping again on Tuesday. It is the time of the year where I had to get gifts and trinkets for people I love, as well as my best friend's upcoming house-warming. I was thinking that since I was going to shop anyway, I might as well get a new dress for my friend's and my best friend's upcoming wedding.

I was not really looking for a dress, but when I came across a shop, the dresses are so beautiful and delicately crafted that I could not resist trying on a few! There are different designs, from spaghetti straps to halter necks to sleeveless to tubes.

In the end, I settled for a pink lacy spaghetti strap knee-length dress, with a pink matching sash and matching pink pearl necklace with Swarovski crystals. For such an intricate piece of work (the dress), the price is pretty reasonable. In fact, the necklace cost more than the dress itself! Perfect as a bridesmaid for my best friend's wedding!

By the way, I wore a new knee-length halter-neck peach dress for a date last week, and the guy said I look wonderful. Of course, if one makes the effort to look good outside, one will feel good inside too! Everyone can look good, it all depends on how much they are willing to make effort on their appearance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...