Lilypie

Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Wings Of Fate ....

Time really flies. Was it just two years back when my friend got attached, and now he is getting married. Was it just last year when my best friend introduced me to her new boyfriend, and now they are legally married. All these felt like just yesterday! Makes me wonder where all the days, months and years have gone to.

The thing is that when one is in a relationship, especially if one is with a person for some time, the next step is to either get married or else stop holding on and look for other ventures. For an outsider, you feel that time flies so fast. It felt like just yesterday when you got to know a couple and all of a sudden, they are getting married.

Yet when I was in a relationship, why did I always felt that things could get really draggy and I had no idea where I was going? Maybe it was because I had not really found the right one, otherwise why would I then be so unsure that we would ultimately end up with each other? No matter how many times I tried to deceive myself, the fact remained that I found it meaningless to progress further.

Maybe if I have found the right person, things would just all flow into place. Which got me thinking, is there really such a thing as the "right" person? How will one define the right person anyway? Just someone one can get along with, be a companion with, or someone who shares the interests?

People said it all depends on fate. One can state down whatever criteria needed, but in the end may end up with someone who is off the criteria. Like my best friend. She broke up with her very nice ex because they do not share the same religion, subsequently ended up with two other guys who shared her religion but who ill-treated her, and now married someone who is also not of the same religion but is reliable, responsible and committed.

My second ex is lucky. He wanted someone with a Catholic upbringing, whose family is Catholic, and who shares his interests and values, and he got one like that. Even then, I suppose it is not really possible to meet all 100%. My friend who is getting married never expected to marry an ex-social smoker from a staunch Christian family.

Like what my mum said, if it is fated, both will end up together, no matter how "out of the criteria" they are. If it is never meant to be, even if both meet each other's criterias, they will still not end up together.

Fated or not, I see it as God's will. There must be a reason why I do not end up doing certain things or with certain people. I used to lament that I have been unlucky where jobs are concerned, but I have hung on in this company for more than a year, and hopefully another year and more years to come. Maybe the fates was holding on for me to find a job that is suitable for me and now perhaps it is time?

Just like perhaps the fates is holding on for me to meet someone who is truly suitable, and all those in the past were just "prologues" to better things to come? But whatever it is, if one is to be committed to anything, be it a job, a relationship, or a cause, one has to be committed to see it through.

Committed to the job, to the cause, and especially to a relationship, because if one is to have a lifelong relationship with something or someone, it is not so easy to just say give up and turn the back just like that. It is making things work out despite difficulties and ups and downs along the way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...