Lilypie

Friday, November 9, 2007

New Family Driver

My youngest brother finally got his (driving) license! My family and I are so happy for him! Besides the fact that there is one more thing for my mum to nag at me about, other than that it is a great achievement indeed for him to pass on the second try at the busiest driving school here.

My parents asked him to drive us down for lunch yesterday. He was still a bit unsteady and unfamiliar with the roads, and he was so nervous behind the wheel that I was just as nervous sitting in the car as a back seat passenger!

He made a wrong turn, and overshot a parking lot so had to brake suddenly and reverse. Luckily the car behind us then saw the probation plate and reversed further so as to allow our car to maneuver properly. Nice driver at least, not like other road hogs around.

I wanted to direct my brother but he was so stressed behind the wheel that I refrained from saying anything. At least I know the roads better than him. But then if I ever pass my driving test and get my license, maybe I will be even more of a nervous freak behind the wheel! And that is the reason why my parents still do not allow my brother to take the car on his own to drive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...