Lilypie

Friday, November 16, 2007

He Who Is Not For Me

I feel rather sorry for some people. They are nice, caring, gentlemanly, and know how to take care of a girl while out on a date. Eligible, in their mid to late thirties and committed. And they are single and available, not those pricks who lie about their status.

So why are people like these still single? Why are they the ones that is never able to find someone? If I find someone like this and who fits what I am looking for, and who shows interest in me, I will not hesitate already.

However, things are normally too good to be true. This guy I met recently is like that - nice, caring, soft-spoken, single, available and very committed. Yet he does not fit what I look for. Of course, the character is there. He is really a good person, but the communication, chemistry and connection is not there.

And for things to progress further, there must be seven C's - Character, Communication, Chemistry, Commitment, Connection, Charisma and Comfort. He had been asking me out ever since the first meetup, and I kept turning him down, until a few days back, I told myself to give the guy a break and join him for dinner.

Yes, he took care of me very well. He made sure he buy me dinner and bring me back to my home. He is very considerate and kind. But we simply cannot talk. We had conversation, but I do not even feel comfortable talking to him. Somehow we still cannot relate to each other at all. In fact, he sort of reminds me of my own father!

I tried to give him a chance which was why I went out with him again, but still, the chemistry is not there. We are simply not of the same frequency. It is sad, is it not? Because if all the other factors are there, he could be someone who may just treat me better than I will treat him, someone who really goes all out to please me and make sure I enjoy myself, someone who is probably at the same commitment level as I am.

For such a guy, it will be a real pity turning him down, but in order for anything to progress or happen in the first place, even to develop as friends or closer friends, let alone more, both must be able to talk to each other and relate on a comfortable level and the same frequency. These things cannot be forced after all, so even if he is a real swell guy, if he is not for me, he is not for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...