Lilypie

Sunday, November 11, 2007

More Arts Events To Look Forward To ....

What a remarkable coincidence! 11/11, 11:11. It should be a lucky timing for me at least, considering I just bought tickets to a few good concerts coming up.

First up is the Kitaro concert on 6th December. I have always loved the way he plays. This guy is a prodigy indeed, considering he composed and plays all his songs! The last concert I know was more than a decade ago, and I have his video tape and book of scores. His songs are not easy to master, and even for those electone whizzes, there are lots of tweaking to get them perfect.


Second is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on 7th December. At last! I have been looking forward to this ever since I read the rave reviews of this musical. Even more special is that this musical was written by the very same people who brought us the James Bond movie series, so I shall see how the show is like!


Third is the ballet Swan Lake on 20th December. I stumbled across this while buying tickets for the above two, and decided to give it a go. I remember I used to play Swan Lake on the piano as a promotion in one of the shopping malls, then had a bit role in the ballet during one of the graduation concerts. And since this is by the Singapore Dance Theatre, I believe it will be rather spectacular.


Next up is Beauty World in January. This local musical aired on our television screens almost ten years back (gosh, has it really been that long? I still remember the tele-musical like it was yesterday!) Directed by one of our top directors (incidentally the very same one who directed the Madame Butterfly performance two years back, which I had the good opportunity of being part of and working with him), this will be a good performance to look forward to!


Finally, it is the Jacky Cheung concert on 6th January. I was hoping he would come back for a performance ever since I missed the one in July when I was away. My brother told me that it was a very good performance. Now, he is back, for just one night, so I must watch it at all costs!


Which reminds me, again I am purchasing tickets only for one. Hmmmm..... it is hard indeed to find someone just as "cultured" or "artistic" or at least someone who does not mind attending musicals and concerts. Oh well, I can always go on my own, but of course, having someone to go with (in this, I mean any one of any gender) is more fun and interesting, as we can then engage in opinion sharing after the performance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...