Lilypie

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Charcoal @ Treasury

My date on Friday was at The Charcoal Restaurant at The Treasury. Those who do not know where the Treasury is, it is opposite the new Supreme Court, which makes sense as The Treasury houses the Ministry of Law office. The Academy of Law office is at the old Supreme Court Building nearby, and quite a number of people always mixes these two up.

I am quite familiar with The Treasury, as years ago, my second ex and I would sometimes go there to visit our friend (one of his close friends) who was working at the Ministry of Law. He stayed close to both our areas, so at times when he had to work late and was all alone in the office, we would pop by and keep him company, then take the train back together.

Anyway, the restaurant is situated on the ground floor. It has two entrances (exits). I went in from the side entrance facing the courts, whereas the main entrance is the one facing the side road. For those familiar with the area, you can more or less understand the orientation. For those unfamiliar with the place, well, dig up a map and take a look for yourselves. ;-p

The restaurant reminds me of an European bistro of sorts, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dinner was four course, consisting of soup (we both ordered mushroom soup), main course (I ordered Bangers and Mash whereas he ordered seafood), cake of the day (I had chocolate while he had truffle) and then coffee / tea (where we both had tea).

The food is okay, although the tea is good, fruity with a strong aroma. Most likely the waiter served us Darjeeling tea instead of English Breakfast or Earl Grey. Not that I am complaining, because I am more a tea person than a coffee person (although between cappuccino and coffee, I much prefer the former).

What I like about the restaurant is the interior setting. It has a very zen-like feeling, chic and up-market type of look. No wonder most of the patrons are youngsters, as the design reflects the sophisticated and elegant taste of the young, not the classic taste of the old(er). It is a place I will not mind going again, just for a cuppa or to hang out with friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...