Lilypie

Friday, August 8, 2008

Attack Of The (Office) Vermin!

In my previous post, I mentioned three problems. What are the other two? One is to do with work, the other is something personal which I shall divulge only when the time is right (if and when that happens). As for the work problems, I thought the previous incident was solved. I am not that naïve or simple-minded to think that the politics will stop, but I never know how bad things really are! Apparently, it seems that I am under scrutiny the whole day, and my actions and whereabouts are being reported directly to my boss.

I would not have known the extent of the situation if my boss did not speak to me yesterday. He was not lecturing me, he just told me to be careful and watch my back. He said he has no qualms how I do my work or what I do as long as work gets done. Anyway, seems like people like going to him, reporting about minor things about me. Damn irritating actually, can people not leave me alone! Why not pick on those people who go for long smoking breaks outside?

I am not in the company to please anyone, but to contribute as much as I can to the company in general. My boss said he actually ignored all those remarks, but because it has been continuous, so he thought to better tell me to watch my back. He claims apparently the Legal Counsel knows about it too, because whoever reported my “behaviour” to him told him the Legal Counsel knows, but she definitely has not said anything to me!

Office politics and the eternal bitching seem abundant everywhere. One just has to get used to it or leave. I have had my fair share of all these, so I know as long as I do my work well, nothing else really matters. And I for sure will not leave. Why must I cave in to others? Like what a friend said, channel all the pissed energy into something positive. Whatever that does not kill me only makes me stronger (or stranger). ;-p

Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Edwin said...

I liked how my ex-GM ran his ship during the period I was in the publishing business.

He used an analogy of a tribal meeting. Any complaints have to be done in the presence of the person it was directed at, with him as the third party.

This cut off any attempts by backstabbers since everything is done in the open, and encourage people to address systems and issues to improve things, and not make personal attacks.

Less politics, no games, just business.

juphelia said...

Oh, that's a good way! Get people to meet together and thrash things out. That was what happened initially, but apparently the backstabbing hadn't seemed to stop. I always feel if people have things to say, say it in my face, instead of going through anyone else.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...