Lilypie

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fly Away ....

I was lucky to have the chance to go to the new Flyer today. All thanks to my youngest brother, who, due to his contribution at the recent National Day Parade, he was able to get a voucher for a ride at a very discounted price. And because he was not able to make it, he gave me the voucher.

So I got a day ticket at a very discounted price, with a free mooncake. What makes it even better is that because I was the only one all by myself, with those around me in tour groups, I got to ride a whole capsule all to myself!

Can things actually get any better? I could see those people in the capsules in front and behind me staring at me in envy. Utmost privacy, space and enjoyment! If only this is a good sign that my luck is finally changing for the better ....

Anyway, I managed to snap some pictures in the sky. Since I did not bring along my digicam (silly me!), these were taken with my phone camera, which turned out not too bad, even though the quality and resolutions of the pictures are of course not as sharp as a digicam! Photos uploaded via bluetooth. Technology is good indeed!

Entering the capsule (can see there was no one else except myself!)

One of the doors to the capsule (showing City Hall)

The other door (showing Marina Bay)


Yes, it was raining

Marina Waterfront area


Moving along on top


The capsule above me

View of Ritz Carlton from the sky

View of Conrad Centennial (and other buildings) from the sky

Grounds of the Flyer



Integrated Resorts under construction




In the rain ....

Flanked by Sheares Bridge

View of Sheares Bridge

Apartments by the Bay

Really an empty capsule to myself!

View of the Concourse







Floor pattern in the capsule

Ceiling pattern in the capsule

Media guide in the capsule


At the highest point of the Flyer


Marina Water Stage flanked by the Esplanade





Glimpse of the Fullerton


Cumulo Nimbus Clouds in the horizon




Going back down





Almost at gound level




Model of future Integrated Resort (at ground level)


Back to Ground Zero


Exiting the capsule

Guests had to go all the way to the second or third floor in order to take the ride in the capsule. The corridor is like an airport check-in counter, one has to put the bags into the machine for scanning, then go by the open gate to ensure there are no dangerous objects we are carrying, before going through another long stretch to the entrance of the Flyer.

By the time I stepped out of the capsule, I felt as if the whole thing hardly moved at all. It was a mere half hour round trip, but one can hardly feel the capsule moving. Before you know it, you were at the highest point, and before you know it, you were back down again. Overall, an enriching experience!

When I took the escalator back down, there was an exhibition going on, including a snazzy looking white Porsche Boxster! I could not resist taking a picture of it!



After drooling over the Porsche, I went to exchange my voucher for the mooncake and hence concluded my ride! I will want to go up again, at night this time, and preferably with someone special by my side! It was fun, but with someone special at night, it would be so much better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...