Lilypie

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Being "Sabotaged" ....

Yesterday, a reporter from one of the local papers called me for an interview for an article. The article is in light with the recent Prime Minister’s speech on the growing number of singles, so they were looking for educated, good-looking and professional women who are unattached despite going through the services of dating agencies.

Needless to say, I was shocked. The person who called told me I came highly recommended by someone who has been reading my blog, and she herself went into my blog and my social network portal to take a look, and feel I fit what she is looking for. I wonder why? I do not consider myself as someone educated or good-looking or even professional.

In other words, I was “sabotaged”. She would not disclose who gave her my contact except to say it is a guy. Now, if he has been reading my blog and knows about my social portal and has my number, he must be someone I know, although off hand I have no recollection of anyone who fits this criteria.

What pisses me off is, if someone wants to do this, can he not ask for my permission first? Yes, I know I blog a lot, I know I state my thoughts and feelings, I know I am rather open. But writing is the only avenue I have to rave and see things from another angle, and to keep myself calm in light of all the frustration lately.

I keep a blog because I just want to write, not to be thrust in any limelight whatsoever. That is why I do not disclose my URL to everyone, except a handful few. If people are to do a search and stumble upon my blog by chance then that is fine.

But to tell my story and show my face to about three hundred thousand people on this island is another matter altogether. What will people think when this kind of article comes out? That I am someone so desperate that I need to “publicise” myself? Do I really portray myself as so desperate that the person has to resort to this?

Nevertheless, I am going ahead to meet the reporter just to see what kind of questions she will ask. Besides, she has given her word that the article is not going to be negative, and that I can scan through the draft and amend and edit to my pleasure.

Since they have already shortlisted me to be featured, I thought it might be better to go down personally to control what they write, otherwise they may just take my photo and then write an article anyway, since they have already stumbled onto my photo. At least I can read what the article will be about and pull out if I really do not feel comfortable about it.

The thing is, if this person really reads my blog, then he should know the problems I have been facing lately, especially on the work front. He knows where I work, and what I work as. Have I not been explicit enough that I am facing lots of trouble at work lately?

So how can he then give my contact away at this point in time, when I need to lie low and have a low profile, and not create any other thing for people to gossip about? Does he really think he is doing me a favour by thrusting me into such a limelight? How can anyone be so shallow? Worse thing is he dares to do it yet does not dare to admit it, and refuses to have his identity disclosed. What a coward!

1 comments:

Johnny Malkavian said...

Eh you the one who said that Forrest Gump and A Beautiful Mind are 'intellectual' movies ah ?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...