Lilypie

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some Dating Fiascos ....

I was having dinner with someone a few days back, and he was telling me about the kind of people he met through dating agencies. He said one of his dates was already attached, yet she went ahead to meet him, as she wanted to draw a comparison with him and her boyfriend.

Now why would anyone do that? If she really thinks her boyfriend is not up to what she likes, then why not make a clean break, before going with someone else? Or is it because she wants to keep her options open, but at the end of it all if she is not able to find someone, she will still stick with her boyfriend? Is that not being rather irresponsible, not to mention unfair?

Another girl he met has a long list of criteria which is practically impossible to meet. For instance, she wants someone good-looking, rich, have all the five or six ‘C’s, considerate, caring, kind, loving, romantic, etc. Hmmm… dream on! I do not even look for someone like that, just someone I can talk and jibe with, someone with a good sense of humour and a zest for life. Anything else is secondary.

The third girl he met was actually already married but having problems with the spouse and not officially separated or divorced. This is quite bad actually, if the dating agency (he did not mention which one) did not even run checks thoroughly to ensure the status of its members!

So actually the guys I met through dating agencies are not too bad, even though we do not have any sparks. At least they are single, that I can guarantee. I must say, there is no perfect match in the world, no matter how “perfect” a couple can look. What matters is the chemistry and effort put in to develop the friendship and relationship.

Sad to say, most people are too superficial. They go by first sight. If there is no magic at first sight, they just drop the person. Honestly, how much can you tell from just one meetup? But I guess the problem with many people is that they are not even willing to keep in touch once they do not feel any sparks. For me, unless the person totally gives me an adverse feeling, otherwise I do not really mind meeting up with them after the first time. Afterall, one never knows what will happen!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Most people are too superficial. Do girls find me attractive?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...