Lilypie

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Spinning A Yarn

I had been figuring out what to do for the remaining of this year. After all. I have no classes on, and no dates. My baking and cooking classes have also come to a halt. The only thing left is music, but that too is going along pretty smoothly. So I thought of taking up something to kill time, instead of lounging around with nothing else to do.

So I hit upon an idea - knitting. This came about when I was trying to figure out what to pack for the upcoming trip in a couple of months. Somehow I came across a knitted (or is it crocheted) top which fits the occasion pretty well. It is an old top, made for me by my mum a long time ago, but I have not worn it much as it is madness to wear something like that in tropical weather.

While examining the top, I realised it would be good if I can make some of my own clothes instead. After all, anytime I feel creative, I can always make my own clothes according to how I like it to be, then I do not need to keep buying. All it needs is yarn and needles, and some skill.

Thus I have been looking around and researching on where I can get the best yarn, as well as a guide to knit. I am probably going to start off with a scarf, as I believe that will be the easiest. Perhaps it can be a Christmas gift if I can make it on time. Hopefully I will be able to find somewhere to go for lessons too, then it will be much easier to make something!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...